News:

Be sure to check out the compiled REVIEWS in the Module Review section, where we have added reviews both past and present.

Main Menu

Soundtracks

Started by n33k33, April 17, 2024, 04:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n33k33

Hi everyone,

Registered specifically to ask if anyone had the full original game soundtracks of the Gold Box D&D Classics, or knew of a way to extract them.

Cheers :)

Mechanaut

*Unless you meant the .XMI files themselves...

n33k33

Thanks ! And yeah I meant more like mp3/flac recordings. I'm kind of a videogame music archivist and love those old Adlib/MIDI soundtracks.

Milos Gulan

Fantastic thanks... I wish I have them in separate tracks... Could be useful while GM-ing. Was thinking to get music from Black Isle Games Studios just for that too... On sale now, but... :uh what:

Nol Drek

Quote from: n33k33 on April 17, 2024, 04:08:50 AMRegistered specifically to ask if anyone had the full original game soundtracks of the Gold Box D&D Classics, or knew of a way to extract them.

Do you want the original XMI files, the XMI files converted to MIDI, or something else?
"The time has come," the Walrus said, "to talk of many things:
Of shoes — and ships — and sealing-wax — of cabbages — and kings —
And why the sea is boiling hot — and whether pigs have wings."

http://www.noldrek.com

n33k33

Quote from: Nol Drek on April 18, 2024, 05:47:31 PM
Quote from: n33k33 on April 17, 2024, 04:08:50 AMRegistered specifically to ask if anyone had the full original game soundtracks of the Gold Box D&D Classics, or knew of a way to extract them.

Do you want the original XMI files, the XMI files converted to MIDI, or something else?

Ideally MIDI to MP3 conversions. There are many MIDI libraries out there and I wouldn't know which to pick to sound closest to what people had at the time.

But I also love the Adlib FM sounds that used to be played straight from the Adlib Yamaha soundchip in the 80s and early 90s. Those usually need to be recorded straight from the games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_Lib,_Inc.#AdLib_Music_Synthesizer_Card_(1987)

edit: oh wait just looked it up and XMI files are Adlib files ? If there's a way to convert those to MP3 that would be perfect.

n33k33