News:

Be sure to check out the updated artwork by Vix, located in the "Art Reviews and Previews" board!

Main Menu

Attack Routines for Fighter Classes

Started by Iron Colossus, December 24, 2023, 01:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Colossus

I see that in the Special Abilities txt file that fighters are supposed to get multiple attacks per round, depending on their level.

However, I'm not seeing multiple attacks for high level fighters occurring during combat. Are there supposed to be separate attack animations for each individual fighter attack? Or is it just supposed to be a single animation - with the damage amount grand-totaled for the multiple attacks using a single entry?

Royal Munchkin

I know in FRUA the game does not have an animation if you miss your second attack so it just looks like the enemy is being attacked once. I don't really play Dungeon Craft much but I'm assuming maybe that's the reason?

Iron Colossus

Right, I considered that one of the attacks could have been missing, too: so I added a Fighter character whose level was so high that he'd only miss on a 1 at worst. Still the same thing, though. I can't tell if DC is just totaling the damage in one entry or just not making the 2nd attack.

I need to run it a bunch more times until I see if the damage totals exceed the max for a single hit. I probably should run those additional tests unarmed, where the damage variable is a lot tighter, making it easier to spot a double hit.

Iron Colossus

Okay, so I've returned from further experiments and confirmed 100% that the Fighters characters aren't getting multiple attack routines at higher levels (9 and 15). Should I submit a mini-mod?

manikus

Quote from: Iron Colossus on December 24, 2023, 07:44:02 PMOkay, so I've returned from further experiments and confirmed 100% that the Fighters characters aren't getting multiple attack routines at higher levels (9 and 15). Should I submit a mini-mod?

Yes. :D

Iron Colossus

@manikus Okie doke! Mini-mod is posted in the Troubleshooting section. Thanks! : )

Iron Colossus