News:

Have you played any UA modules today?

Main Menu

Using the Star Wars databases.

Started by Age of Fable, January 18, 2024, 08:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Age of Fable

It doesn't say where to put the Star Wars databases, or what to delete in the base program--or at least I can't find it if it does.

I put them in TemplateDesign.dsn / data, keeping their file structure, and deleted what was already there, but the program won't run after doing that.

manikus

You have to import them into DC in order for them to be used. Please note that doing this will overwrite the default databases .dat files only.

Age of Fable

manikus

Age of Fable

I started with items, but every file "appears to be the wrong type of file".

manikus

Quote from: Age of Fable on January 28, 2024, 04:46:55 AMI started with items, but every file "appears to be the wrong type of file".

Perhaps you are trying to do each item separately? You need to do the "items.txt" file that has all of them if this is the case. If it is not, please describe what exactly you are doing.

If you only want some of the items, you can edit the items.txt file, except for the first line, DC uses that to determine what type of daatabase you are trying to import.

Age of Fable

There is no files called 'items.txt'. There's a folder called 'items', but the four files in it are named _template.txt, 0_header.txt, a_0_melee.txt, and z_notes.txt

manikus

I had to track down th eold com;uter that had this on it...I haven't worked on it in so long I had never bothered to migrate it to either my current desktop or laptop. :D

No itmes in the folder, nor a completed file because I did make any. I worked on classes and races and was getting ready to do special abilities, but that/s it.